Youth Initiative Development Programme (YIDP) is a registered non-profit organization under section 10 of the Non-Governmental Coordination Board Act Kenya. We seek to inspire and empower vulnerable youths through training, strengthen community bonds, and promote volunteerism and philanthropy.
Since its inception in May 2015, YIDP has been actively engaging with the young talented youths their dreams were shuttered because of poverty. We are passionate about helping these potential youths to achieve their dreams to become avid learners, to lead with compassion, and to succeed on a healthy journey to adulthood.
To promote access to health care, education, ICT and nurture talents through sports among the youth and the community at large.
To see all youths in the community identify and develop their talents, become meaningful contributors in their communities towards developments, and lead fulfilled, productive lives.
In alignment with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, we are working towards transforming children and young people’s lives in the marginalized communities in Kenya following social focus areas:
1. Health Care: Enhancing mental wellbeing/encouraging healthy behaviour change among youths and community at large
2. Education: Supporting quality of and access to education
3. Employ-ability: Increasing employability and creating pathways to employment through entrepreneurship and innovation
4. Sports: to empower the youth through sports in the community to prevent HIV/AIDS, insecurity, early pregnancies, school dropout among others through discussions about decision making and healthy choices.(Integrating social transformation and economic values through sports.”)
5. Youth and Technology: Use Code mentor giants twelve week immersive coding, graphics and app development technique to young people aim at providing rigorous technology-based entrepreneurial development and leadership training aspiring developers.
6. Inclusive Society: Creating communities which embrace ethnic, cultural and physical differences